Online marketing also termed as digital marketing or web marketing is aimed to direct visitors to a specific
internet presence on which a transaction can be concluded. It also includes marketing through mobile phones,
digital advertising, etc. Search engine optimization, social media marketing, e-commerce and affiliate
marketing are sub areas of online marketing.
Involving people should be the main objective of any promotional media that may be attained by setting up
interactive touch points. Apply your positioning to web strategy, engage in the production, distribution of
media and publishing material with the aim to obtain new customers and retain existing ones. This can be
done by channels such as blogs, Youtube, Facebook, Instagam, Snapchat, Pintrest, etc.
Here are few quick tips about online marketing. The list is often long and takes a while to sort through.
- Design of your website/portal: The main aim of your business must clearly reflect in your website.
The website must be fast, good looking and the UI/UX should be engaging. As the ultimate goal of
your website would be to drive more and more business. So, it is very important to set goals but at
the same time it is important to come up with a system to accomplish it and then measure it.
- The content: Content must be unique, interactive, useful and engaging as it will decide the fate of
your business. It must be updated from time to time so that people don't get bored of it and they have
a new thing to learn and know every time. The content must match your business goals. Since most
marketing strategies include some form of publishing material, content marketing is usually
integrated as a fixed part of campaign.
- Tracking and analysis: You may use Google analytics as it is free and provides tremendous amount
of incredibly useful data such as, from where does the website user come from, how long do they stay
and what do they do on your site, etc.
- Free local business directories: There are few great local business directories (eg- JustDial etc) that
are absolutely free of cost. Create your business information, then take a moment to submit your
business information to each of these directories.
- Check out your competitor's website: Visit your competitors' websites. Do searches for keywords
related to your business. This is a great way to get ideas and take stock of your own company's online
- Blogging: Each business has a lot to gain by blogging regularly. You can even tie ups with bloggers
who have large following.
- Leverage on social media: The best way to produce almost double the marketing leads in
comparison to trade shows, telemarketing or direct mail is social media.
- Conduct webinars: According to a survey, webinars have 70% rebound effect comprising those
who viewed the live broadcast. They build your list, generate leads and are also more interactive.
- Coupon/Vouchers: To increase traffic to your website have discount vouchers. You may even plan to
give freebies if your budget allows.
- Newsjacking: You can create a lot of buzz around your company by injecting your ideas in a news
story. Be careful when Newsjacking. Have a social media policy. Think before you post and try to
promote positive reviews. Try and post as realistic images and posts possible.